white people can walk around with assault rifles in a fucking public store but the moment they see a poc’s skin they clutch their purses or lock their car doors
Because people head off to Target with AK47s around their necks right? Lol. This site never fails to amaze me.
a) did this person seriously miss out on all the freaking out the nra did when target announced that guns would not be allowed in their stores? really?
b) a vast majority of people doing these dumbass “protests” are white because as soon as you get off the color spectrum of milk to dayglo tan orange, someone’s getting shot by the police
#in fact i vote for me #loras what about you who do you vote for #see stannis two votes for me #marg votes for me too #three votes #wow i’m on a roll #how many votes do YOU have stannisStannis: I am your king.
Renly: Well, I didn’t vote for you.
- He spoke at least three languages. French, the old language of the aristocracy and Black family heritage; German, from his mother’s side; and at least a smattering of others, both from formal lessons by childhood tutors, and tidbits picked up by his precocious young mind via travels though Europe / nursemaids / books.
- He played the piano, a product of his blue-blood upbringing.
- He had probably learned the basics of a formal sword duel for the same reasons, though nothing remotely practical.
- The members of the House of Black never used the front door. It was both uncouth and forbidden. Worse, it could lead to contact with Muggles.
- Sirius hated being trapped in that house.
- The motorbike started as a Muggle Studies project. The professor, who’d had one too many brushes with his family and their ilk, hated the sight of him at first. He graduated as her favorite student. The day he was arrested, she resigned.
- Animals loved him.
- He was already unhappy with his family when he left for Hogwarts; James Potter may have played an important part in the trajectory of his life and beliefs, but the wheels were already turning when he stepped onto that train.
- This probably had something to do with Andromeda, who could have been already married to Ted and blasted off the tapestry at this point.
- Muggle punk rock.
- He was good at Divination, and it was his fourth favorite class. (After Muggle Studies, DADA, and Care of Magical Creatures.
- He tended to be fairly dismissive of anyone he deemed stupid.
- He was completely aware of how good-looking he was.
- When he wasn’t being an arrogant snot about it, he rather despised the fact that he was so fawned-over for something that was the direct product of hundreds of years of prejudiced pureblood inbreeding.
- He didn’t believe in keeping children ignorant of the war. He was a child when his great-aunt told him Muggles were good hunting for sport; his brother was a child when he joined the Death Eater ranks and learned how to torture; the Hogwarts Express was emptier from murdered children every year; his best friends were children when Voldemort marked them for death. Ignorance kept people scared, the government fumbling, and his friend robbed of basic human rights.
- He believed, like a lot of teenagers who grew up angry and disillusioned in the 1970’s, that the revolution was theirs and their place was at the front of the battle lines.
- There were two things he’d have died for -
- The cause was one of them.
- His friends were the other.
- - and he did.
multilingual sirius black is most important let me tell you why
- lil sirius black learns mandarin and english at the same time and likes english better because his mom screams in mandarin
- lil sirius black has to learn to read latin
- lil sirius black can speak italian, french, german, and smatterings of spanish.
- sirius black tries to learn russian but gets distracted by his friends all the time so he only knows basics and swear words
- James teaches Sirius swear words in Hindi and Sirius teaches him the Mandarin ones
- sirius just mumbles awful german poetry into remus’ neck sometimes and remus face almost breaks grinning so wide because sirius knows german poetry
- Mrs. Potter finds out he knows multiple languages and makes him read out loud to them in the sitting room at night even though the Potters don’t know Mandarin or Italian but he does it anyway because they’re tired all the time now and for some reason the sound of his voice reading ancient poetry a lot eases the tension in their shoulders.
- Mrs. Potter speaks multiple languages as well so sometimes she and Sirius will converse in french for no reason except to annoy James
- Mrs. Potter is happy to have someone who can finally appreciate her french operas even though Sirius doesnt even like opera but he sits and listens to them anyway because its something to do with her and her smile is so big and happy when they do it
- Sirius will swear in other languages and even if she doesnt know what it means Mrs. Potter knows he’s swearing and she’ll reprimand him
- but really just imagine Mrs. Potter delegating Sirius to read out loud to them and at first Sirius is really reluctant to do it but when they’re all just sitting in the cozy room together with the fire on and Mr. Potter dozing off while Mrs. Potter’s eyes sparkle and even James stops snickering to listen to the cadences of Sirius’ voice when he’s reading and they’re all so happy and warm together and when Mrs. Potter gets too sick to leave the bed Sirius pulls up a chair to read her favorite Italian and French poems to her while she smiles at him and promises to teach him proper Hindi later even though they both know that’ll never happen and Sirius just stops speaking French altogether after she dies
so here’s the roundup, if you missed the last 10 posts or so
Romeo and Juliet, Queer Ladies Edition
- Natasha Lyonne as Romeo
- Lupita Nyong’o as Juliet
- Kristen Stewart as Benvolio
- Samira Wiley as Mercutio
- Arden Cho as Tybalt
- Samantha Barks as Paris
- Lucy Liu as The Prince
- Laverne Cox as Friar Laurence